NMC UK Exam Application | Processing and Registration
What do you need to know about the NCLEX RN exam?
The NMC UK exam is a statewide examination for nursing and midwifery licensing in the United Kingdom. The NMC UK exam is organized by the Nursing and Midwifery Council or NMC. This exam is used to see if a nurse or midwife candidate is qualified to work as a health care professional in the United Kingdom. The NMC guarantees to keep a record of all nurses and midwives eligible to operate inside the European Economic Area.
How to apply for the NMC UK exam?
The following is a step by step guide to completing the NMC-UK exam application:
STEP 1: NMC Assessment Phase
- The NMC Assessment phase evaluates if the candidate is qualified for the examination they applied for based on their qualifications.
STEP 2: NMC Test of Competence Phase
- The Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC), has approved the development and administration of a two-part test of competence for nurses and midwives seeking registration in the UK. If the applicant is trained outside the UK, the NMC UK may ask to complete the ToC to assess the skills and knowledge of the applicant. The test is in 2 parts and can be taken in any order:
* The CBT or computer based test is a theory based, multiple choice exam, and the majority of items are written at the level of knowledge, comprehension, and application.
* The OSCE or objective structured clinical examination is a practical nursing and midwifery test which can be taken in the UK.
STEP 3: NMC Admission and Registration Phase
- Once passed, the candidate will need to provide evidence that they meet the other registration requirements for licensing.
From searching the application requirements for the NMC UK exam and other qualifications can be overwhelming especially to foreign healthcare candidates who are not acquainted with or had no knowledge in applying for the NMC UK exam. Due to this licensure application process for NMC UK, candidates are advised to seek assistance from a specialized application preparation center like NEAC Medical Exams Center. NEAC is an innovative pioneer medical exams application center that offers easy and fast exam applications for NMC UK and will do all the work for your NMC UK application for the best price to avoid financial losses and delays that may cause rejections of your application.
For further inquiries about the requirements, qualifications, and fees for the NMC UK Exam Application, kindly email us at email@example.com
If the candidate has left the professional register within the last three years, the NMC has been given legislative powers to put in place an expedited process to return them to the register.
Yes. The NMC split the CBT into two parts. Part A: Enumarcy and Part B: Clinical questions. Then, the OSCE will have two new stations to assess the candidate's values and behaviors and evidence-based practice.
NMC CBT is a passing standard. No exam is easier or harder to pass. All exams are benchmarked against the same expected performance of nurses and midwives at the point of entry to the UK register who can demonstrate safe and effective practice.
If a candidate does not pass the OSCE on their third attempt, the candidate's application will close, and they will need to start a new application if they want to register to NMC UK. A candidate must wait at least six months before they can sit the OSCE again.
A candidate can take the OSCE a maximum of three times as part of their application, but they need to wait at least ten days between each sitting.
The OSCE comprises ten stations, with a total testing time of about 2.5 hours. Four stations will be scenario-based and will relate to four stages of the nursing and midwifery care process: (1) Assessment (2) Planning (3) Implementation (4) Evaluation.
Yes, they accept both paper and computer-based IELTS academic tests delivered at a test center.
OSCE stations are monitored by trained observers who score the student's performance on history taking, physical examination, information sharing skills, and interpersonal skills. The graders use an approved checklist for each station to score the student's performance.
An OSCE is a type of examination often used in health sciences. It is designed to test clinical skill performance and competence in a range of skills. It is a practical, real-world approach to learning and assessment. Objective. The OSCE content and scoring procedures are standardized.
No. IELTS result has to meet NMC UK's English proficiency requirement in one single test. Combining two or more results is not acceptable.